Technology is like fashion, trends come and go. What has appeal today might be out tomorrow. The question for now is: “Do you need a website revamp?” Check out these signs and try to identify how many your website relates to:
1. Nonresponsive Site or Mobile Unfriendly – Website viewers are currently switching from desktops to mobile devices. Google also penalizes non-responsive websites in search rankings. Does your website look good on a smartphone? Is your site mobile responsive?
2. Slow Load Time – People are busy and generally don’t want to wait for a website to completely display its contents. Slow load times may cause viewers to quickly look for another site. How fast does your website load? Have you tried comparing it with your competitor’s website?
3. Crowded Pages – A little breathing room or whitespace can allow readers to focus on important content. Does your site have information all crammed up in your home page? Does your website have narrow dimensions with tightly squeezed content?
4. Absence of Content Management System (CMS) – A CMS is a web application that allows for multiple users with different permission levels to manage web page (content) without the need to have HTML or programming knowledge. Does making changes to the content of your website is a tedious task that requires programming skill?
5. High Bounce Rate – A website’s bounce rate is the percentage of people who leave the site from the same page they entered the site, without clicking through to any other pages. If your site’s bounce rate is high, then definitely something is wrong. What is your website’s current bounce rate?
6. Low Conversion Rate – A conversion rate problem is present when your product or service on your website is no longer selling as it used to, or your website traffic is slowing down, no phone calls or emails, or your business is no longer getting sales via your website. How is your website’s conversion rate?
7. Your Site Uses Flash – Flash sites are appealing back in the day but they usually take long to load, are not displayed properly in mobile devices, and are unreadable by web browsers which negatively affects your site’s search engine rankings. Is your website flash free?
8. Out-dated Content and Images – Time always present new challenges, opportunities, and growth. Does your website still reflect your values and goals? Is your presentation still relevant to today’s market? Are the images and content in your website still relevant?
9. Low Search Rankings – The best way to gain clients is to appear on the top rank of search results or at least to be found on the first page. Try using keyword terms to search for your website; are you on the first page?
Perception of a dated website varies from one site viewer / visitor to another. While you may think that your website is still pleasing to your eyes, it is a good practice to check your competitor’s website, websites that belong within your industry / niche, and website awards sites. Try using Google analytics to see data about your website.
Your website is your virtual storefront and as such it must reflect your company’s values. If you need help about website revamp, contact us here or call us at 315-836-4946